Friday, November 18, 2011

Holiday Tea-Off


Our city's little Main Street holds an annual Holiday Tea-Off where local shops open up their doors and invite the townspeople to kick-off the holiday season with them.

Most of the shops hold a drawing of some kind and also share a multitude of Christmas goodies to hungry customers.

My mom, myself, my sister and sister-in-law finally joined in on the festivities this year!


Looking South down Main Street.
Trolley rides added to the excitement of the upcoming Christmas season.


~~~

An adorable Christmas store front.
I almost squealed with delight when I saw this!


A Chocolatier. I want to be his best friend.



This store was crammed full of all the holiday treasures a girl could want!
The building itself is well over 100 years old. So neat.

Deco poly mesh Christmas trees
This seems to be the "in" thing this Christmas season.
There were several wreaths made from this material, too.


And then we came across this...thing.
I was nauseated a solid 20 minutes after smelling it.
I was expecting the smell to be pretty bad but in no way was I prepared for the reality of the stench.
Sorry for the very unlady-like discussion.
Moving right along...



"Giggles and snuggles & pudgy little toes make it all worthwhile"
And all the moms said, "Awww!!"




Ok. Let me be honest here. I don't like spending a lot on my merchandise. Call me frugal. You can even call me cheap. But this price right hear caused my jaw to drop. It's cute...but not $70.50 cute. That's just me.


This tree was magnificent!

~~~

After all the shopping, and taste-testing our tummies could handle, we headed to the square where the Farmer's Market is usually held. There we found out who the winners of the drawings were (None of us won. Booo..)

We were also able to go into the city's museum. I'm a history lover so this was one of the highlights of the night for me! Nerd, I know.

However, the best part of the Tea-Off was definitely being able to spend some girl-time with my female family!

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...