Monday, November 28, 2011

Hard Core Rockers


My husband, the rocker.

He LOVES music, namely....80's hair metal (barf). How can we be so different? I'm all about the 90's boy bands.

"But it ain't no lie, baby bye, bye, bye..."

Ahem. Where was I?

Oh yeah...



Not too long ago, my hubby had some friends over and inevitably, the Rock Band came out and 80's music filled the air. My husband is actually a very talented musician. He plays in our church's praise band and can play at least three instruments, that I'm aware of.

So, he takes his Rock Band playing pretty seriously (hence the headphones on his head, ha!)


I think Ethan my be headed in that same direction. I do
hope so. I'd love for him to be musically gifted like his daddy is. I also hope he loves sports like his mommy does. The best of both worlds, ya know?



An athletic musician. I can see the swooning girls now.

Ok, scratch that idea.
Maybe he should just be a hermit.


Anyway, I think it's pretty adorable how Ethan wants to do everything his daddy does. He was desperate to be a part of the Rock Band session held in our den that night.

It's also helpful that Bob's friends are dads. They completely understand little kiddos intertwined into the mix. They were totally cool with Ethan's off beat drumming...on a drum that sings the ABC's when it's drummed on, no less.

Will Ethan be a hard core rocker like his daddy? Maybe.
But maybe I'll pull out my old N*Sync or Backstreet Boys CDs and give him some of the good stuff.




On second thought, I think I'll be content to hear the ABCs a little while longer.





1 comment:

  1. aw...this was such a cute post!! My little guys LOVE the stuff their daddy does too, which is mostly tinkering with tools and fishing. neither of which I am all that inclined toward. ;) So fun to watch our babies growing into the footsteps before them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...