Wednesday, November 9, 2011

20 and Counting


Have you heard the latest Duggar news?

And I think it's pretty cool.

I get into a dangerous position when I go to a news site and read about the Duggars. I always seem to make my way to the comments section...

Here's what happens: my blood boils at the rude and oftentimes disgusting comments. And I become incredibly defensive. It's not like they're my family, or even my close friends.

But they are a family who seeks to honor the Lord with the way they live and they aren't ashamed to do it publicly, either.

The criticism this family receives is pretty shocking at times.
But I guess I shouldn't be surprised that people are disgusted with large families considering the fact that our nation has continued to uphold the legalized murder of unwanted children via abortion. Too many times, children are seen as a burden, an inconvenience, a drain on our society and environment.

Children are hard work, yes. They are expensive. They require selflessness from the parents.
They can be loud, messy and grumpy. And they're a massive responsibility.

But the benefits of having those children? The blessings we parents receive from nurturing them in our homes? Goodness....that list could go on for miles.

Large Duggar-style families obviously aren't for everyone. Large families aren't a commandment found in the Bible. But we are certainly reminded of the blessings large families can bring.

My prayers go out to Michelle for an easy pregnancy and smooth delivery of a healthy baby. I also pray the Duggars would continue to be obedient to the Lord and shine their lights in this dark world.


Behold, children are a gift of the LORD, the fruit of the womb is a reward.
Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, so are the children of one’s youth.
How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them; they will not be ashamed when they speak with their enemies in the gate. -Psalm 127:3-5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...