Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Defiance


Just in case any of you have NOT seen the movie Defiance, and plan to, I'm going talk a little about it...just to give you heads up!

I saw this movie at my parents' house last night. I was a little nervous to watch it, because you see, I get wrapped up in movies...REALLY wrapped up. Emotional movies like Defiance usually end with me huddled up on the couch balling...almost hysterically...haha. No seriously.

Believe it or not I didn't cry at all this go around (well, ok, just a little after it was over ...in the privacy of another room..sniff...)

It was such a good movie (except for some choice words..grrr..). I don't know why, but I've always been interested in the history of the Holocaust, as depressing as it was. I hate that so many Jews were slaughtered. God's chosen people. But it's history and I love history. It's intriguing.

And so is the true story behind the film, Defiance.



The story starts with a group of brothers seeking revenge for the deaths of their family members. They figured killing any and all Germans they came across would be the best revenge. But they soon realized that LIVING would be their revenge. And that they did. They lived.

There were definitely casualties along the way...

But by the end of the war, the brothers had helped save around 1200 Jews!! How? They hid in the forests of Belarus. Throughout the war they kept migrating around in different wooded areas trying to stay alive and dodge attacks. They ended up building a school, nursery and hospital! It's an incredible story.

I often wonder why God allowed the Holocaust to happen--do you? Maybe we'll all find out one day. I'm just thankful that there were still lives saved.

We, as Christians, need to be praying for Israel. For all the Jews. There are evil people who would love nothing more than to see the total destruction of Israel and her people--God's people.

As the Word says, "Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee." Psalm 122:6

1 comment:

  1. I love it when things like this happen. Its funny you give that verse. We are studying Psalm 122 to our Beth Moore study this week! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...