Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sunday Selection

Kari Blog


I love quotes. I think they can be incredibly powerful. And obviously ALL Scripture is God-breathed and has transforming power.

So,
each Sunday I'm going to start posting a favorite quotation or scripture. The quotes will focus on Christianity/life. They are meant to edify and challenge; not only myself but any reader as well!

If you'd like to be a part of Sunday Selection, please read the following guidelines of participation:

1. Share a favorite quote or scripture. (It doesn't have to be a certain length, just whatever it is that speaks to you!)
2. If you want to, share why you chose the selection/how it spoke to you.
3. Always include the source of the quote or scripture.
4. Publish your Sunday Selection post on your blog.
5. Please offer a link back to the main page of my blog; that way, others can join in too!
6. If you'd like, grab the button from my sidebar--it'll also link back to my blog.
7. Copy the "permalink" from your Sunday Selection post and add it to Mr. Linky.

Thanks! I hope you'll join in!


My selection today is a quote by A.W. Tozer. Anytime I read something of his, I usually feel convicted. He doesn't sugar coat anything--he speaks the truth!

“No man should desire to be happy who is not at the same time holy. He should spend his efforts in seeking to know and do the will of God, leaving to Christ the matter of how happy he should be.”

Too often, I think more about how I can be happy in this life rather than what I can do to be more holy. I believe if we are seeking a holy life, we're going to be happy--or better yet--joyful! I've got to remember that this life is not about me!




3 comments:

  1. Hey Kari!

    LOVE your new blog look!! About the photo collages, I use a program called Photoscape. Its free to download. Just go to like Yahoo or whatever and type "Photoscape" in and it should come up! You can do all kinds of cool things with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will join in next Sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kari:
    I just stumbled upon your site from The Frazzled Female that has a list of blogsites. I like your blog and also love quotes! I've been accumulating them for several months now. It has become an obsession almost.

    I also agree with what you wrote about divorce and how devastating it is! Our culture has glorified it to the point where marriage is almost ridiculed. I am the victim of this mentality and lost my husband to another woman about five years ago. He played all the head games that go along with it and used our four children as weapons. When the game was no fun for him anymore, he left the state with his girlfriend (co-worker) and left me with the remnants of our life trying to figure out how to survive and finish raising our last two children alone. But God's grace has seen me through and I give Him praise. He's the only ONE who remains faithful against all odds. My kids and I are doing much better now but they are still very hurt from what he did.

    I plan on trying your chocolate raspberry crumb bars - they sound yummy! Thank you for sharing!

    I'd like to ask a favor. Please pray for my good friend and a man whom I love dearly, Tom. He has allowed the deceitfulness of riches to blind him to the Truth and is a lost man. I know that the Lord says "it is easier for a rich man to go through the eye of a needle than for him to enter the kingdom of God", but he ends that passage with "With God all things are possible." AMEN! Therein lies Tom's only hope - for God to open his blind spiritual eyes and reveal Himself so he no longer loves money as his god. I've been burdened for a long time to pray for him and I will continue to recruit others to help me pray for his lost soul. Greed has consumed him terribly. You can see in his face how empty and sad he truly is without the Lord in his life. He no longer wants my friendship, because he was being convicted when around me. I believe God wants all men to be saved and come to repentance, so I will continue to pray for his salvation.

    Thank you in advance for helping me lift him up to the throne of grace.

    A sister in Christ,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...