Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Step Into My Time Machine


“We all have our time machines.
Some take us back, they're called memories
...”

~Jeremy Irons



The other day, Bob and his dad loaded up a bunch of limbs they had cut down in our back yard to my grandparents' tree farm. Carol (my M-I-L), Ethan and myself followed behind in the car to keep an eye on the trailer and so that I could help direct them to the farm just in case they couldn't find it.


I hadn't been there in several years, so when we turned into the drive, it brought back a lot of memories--it's almost like I stepped into my own time machine.

Here's the entry to the tree farm. It has grown up a lot. It still looks beautiful to me, though. =)





Here's a picture of the field to the left of the drive. Lots of wildflowers.


As I sat in the car, I couldn't help but think of my grandpa. He loved coming to the tree farm to fiddle around on old cars, drive his tractor, etc; ya know, "guy stuff". It's hard to believe he's been in heaven almost 9 years. I miss him so much sometimes. This is one of the last pictures taken of him and I think he looks so handsome!

I'm sooo excited to see him again one day! Praise God!!


"The memory of the just is blessed..."
Proverbs 10:7a

3 comments:

  1. i love memories. i love how they just flood your mind. sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw...such sweet memories, I am so thankful we have them! What a true blessing to know he is in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey again!

    If you look on the side of my blog, you will see a graphic that says "caydens mommy" I found one that says "Ethan's mommy"...if you want it for your blog too,email me and I will send it to you, if not thats totally okay! I just thought of you when I saw it, and wanted to offer it!

    liltotteacher@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...