Monday, March 30, 2009

The Lines have fallen...



The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places;
Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me.
Proverbs 16:6


Yesterday was my grandpa's birthday. If he were still here he would be 82. He went to be with the Lord when I was a sophomore in high school. As hard as it was then, it actually gets harder as I get older and experience more of life without him. I wish he could've been there for my wedding, and to meet his great-grandson Ethan.
But ya know what? Maybe he watched it all happen from heaven! That's what I like to think =)

Anyway, I wanna tell you ladies a little bit about my grandpa--he was such a great man!



He was a faithful and loving husband to my grandma for over 50 years. Here they are not long after they were married. As you can see, my grandpa was in the Army. What a beautiful couple!


My grandparents raised 4 wonderful men. The one in the suit is my daddy! They are all God-fearing men who love their families. They had a great example in their dad, my grandpa.






Here I am with my grandpa not long before he got really sick.




He fought hard and long, but finally went home to be with his Savior, Jesus Christ.
I'm so, so thankful that I will see him once again!


Even though my grandpa's illness and passing was so painful at times, it was also beautiful in some ways. When my grandpa was in the hospital before he went home on hospice care, he led his "roomate" to the Lord!! God can use terrible situations in such great ways. My grandpa was a true servant of Jesus. I'm sure the Lord was able to say to him when he entered heaven, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant!

There are a million more things I could say about my grandpa. I'm blessed to have such a godly heritage. I thank God for the example I had in my grandpa, and for the godly inheritance he left our family!

“A good man leaveth an inheritance to his children’s children...”
Proverbs 13:22a

5 comments:

  1. What a great post Kari!!

    I remember when he passed away... Just think of how proud he is to hear reports of you and your beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kari,
    What a beautiful tribute to your grandpa! It is a great comfort to know we'll see our family again in heaven.
    Love,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious heritage you have, Kari! Your love for the LORD is so evident in your blog. The wonderful example and leadership of your grandfather obviously had a lot to do with that, and will affect generations to come! Praise God!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your grandfather sounds like a great man.
    I know you are very proud of your heritage.

    My daughter was just about to graduate from high school (one month before) when her grandpa (my husband's dad) died suddenly. It's really tough, but knowing we will see them again one day provides such a hope. And I definitely believe they're looking down from heaven. I know he's very proud of you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great tribute to your grandpa. He sounds like a great guy!

    I'm sure he would be very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...