Saturday, April 4, 2009

I think I'm addicted...

Yep--I know I shouldn't have, but ever since Ethan's been born, I've become CrAzY addicted to Dr. Pepper!! I know I need to stay away from it--there's absolutely NO nutritional value to it whatsoever, and I'm beginning to feel the effects of all the junk that's in it...

Plus, we've pretty much been living off of fast food since he's been born..and what I eat, Ethan eats =( I know, that's horrible!! I've GOT to go to the grocery store. I miss cooking...and what real food tastes like.




This is pretty much how it has been around our house....

So, now I'm beginning to feel like this...


I need some intervention to get me off of this junk!

This is a scripture that I think is so interesting: Psalm 105:37b talks about the Israelites departing from Egypt and how "...there was not one feeble person among their tribes" Wow!! Can you imagine? All those people..literally millions..and not one person was sick or weak!
God had dietary laws for the Israelites, to set them apart from the other nations--I believe that's why they were so healthy--God knows what the body should and shouldn't consume. Now, I know we aren't under the law, but "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: that the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto good works." 2 Timothy 3:16-17.

All of God's Word is relevant to our lives--maybe we should take another look at the OT food laws and see what it was that kept the Israelites healthy..?? I don't think it would hurt anything--the Standard American Diet (S.A.D.) sure isn't doing anything to promote health!!

I've always been interested in health and wellness. I was actually going to school to become a Dietitian. All the stuff that I've learned, though, I've kinda thrown out the window lately. So, I'm going to try to keep myself accountable and post every once in awhile about how I'm doing in the health area--I've gotta be healthy so that I can better serve the Lord and others!

Oh yeah, I'm so proud of my M.I.L. Carol for totally cutting out artificial sweeteners!! She sure loved her Diet Dr. Pepper but realized it was making her really achy and tired. Those fake sugars are bad news!!

Here is a blog that I really enjoy reading. This blogger mom is so great about making healthy meals from scratch. She has a lot of
neat recipes/ideas. Check her out!

Alrighty, I'm done! I've gotta go drink a Dr. Pepper after all that typing...ahh..j/k!
I think a bottle of water sounds better! ;)

Have a great weekend!



8 comments:

  1. Just think back to volleyball season:

    No Pop, OR No Boys...

    And I know you LOVE your two boys!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I can't wait for your updates. About 2 years ago when I went on a diet, I completely stopped drinking cokes. I only have tea every once in a while and coffee on the weekends. I drink A LOT of water. Now if I could just be that dedicated to what I eat, I would have it made! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had stopped drinking pop for 2 years straight. Then on our honeymoon, Kari was like "oh c'mon drink a pop!" So I did, and now I'm hooked again! Thanks honey! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post.

    i know i need to start eating better. it's so hard to discipline myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Although sodas aren't my weakness....I have plenty of others. :(

    About the only thing I'm doing right is eating oatmeal every weekday morning. I really don't like it, but have been trying to eat it to help lower my cholesterol.

    I've also been leaving our food over on the counter and stove so we can go by and dip and that way I don't keep picking at the food and I just eat what's on my plate. I just love to eat...that's all there is to it.

    I also have a treadmill and need to get myself disciplined to get on it.

    Good luck Keri!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw on Carol's blog that Eathan doesnt have to wear his monitor 24/7 now! Congrats! hope to hear some updates soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey I gave up diet coke (I was a junkie) over a year ago! Once you cook a homemade meal after eating fast food a lot you will think why haven't I been doing it more...I don't want fast food! That's me anyway!

    Love the song playing now...wonder what it is? Hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too funny! I was tending to my cayden, but am back as he is asleep on me...I totally know how hard it is to make dinner!! Lately, we eat out more often too, but I am finally cooking now which is harder some days more than others especially with a baby, as you know!! I feel like I cook all throughout the day now. Doing a little this and a little that to get dinner ready for later. You and I will find a balance somehow!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...