Monday, January 11, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook



"The Simple Woman's Daybook" originally started at http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/ . Check it out!


FOR TODAY...
January 11, 2010

Outside my window...Crisp, cold air. SUN!!! ...and some ice...still!!

I am thinking...how I need to hurry and finish this blog so I can get some things done before Ethan wakes up!

I am thankful for...God's healing power.

From the kitchen...not a lot to work with. Dinner will be what we call a "Miracle Meal"

I am wearing...a sweat suit. I could live in sweat suits. Ok, I do live in sweat suits.

I am going...to be productive today!

I am reading...Love finds you in Lonesome Prairie Montana by Tricia Goyer and Ocieanna Fleiss

I am hoping...for warmer weather.

I am hearing...nothing but the clicking of the keys as I type.

Around the house...sleeping baby. And a big pile of laundry to tackle.

One of my favorite things...when the sun shines after several gloomy days!

A few plans for the rest of the week: Go see my grandma, go to the library, go grocery shopping!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...


I LOVE this painting. It's called, "The Prairie is My Garden" by Harvey Dunn.

I love the strength she exudes. The more I read about pioneer women, the more amazed I become at how strong they had to be!! And the more thankful I am at how easy I have it!

Just for one day (b/c that's all I could handle, if that!), I would love to see what it would be like to live on a homestead and do the work of a 19th century homemaker.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! Glad you have sunshine too!! You are too funny about dinner too!! :-) I did this post today...I think I will start doing it on Mondays with ya!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...