Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Television Schmelevision!

I'm NEVER letting Ethan watch TV!!

Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit here, but sometimes that thought crosses my mind!

I mean, TV these days isn't even fit for adults to watch. And now, most commercials
aren't either!!!


I enjoy a good show (when I can find one), so don't think I'm a TV hatin'-you-should-never-watch-the-thing-kind-of-person. But the older I get, the more angry I become at most of what's put on television for our "entertainment". Puh-leeeeze.


I've become so tolerant of a lot of the junk that's broadcast these days. There are shows I know I shouldn't watch. There's nothing edifying about them. There's no wholesome lesson to learn. But I watch them anyway, b/c afterall, I'm a grown up now! My parents aren't in the room telling me to "turn that thing off!"

But Jesus is in the room. Shouldn't that matter more?

Sometimes I want to throw the TV out the window.

But I know I'd probably miss it.


Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home. -David Frost-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...