Monday, December 21, 2009

Oh, Christmas Tree



Growing up, mine and Bob's parents made sure we had a new ornament each year.
I'm so glad that they did. It's always a fun trip down memory lane when we decorate our tree. Now, Bob and I enjoy swapping stories about why we received an ornament, or why a certain one is extra special. This year was no different! And to celebrate our first year as parents, I just had to order this cutie!

Bob and I are so excited for our 1st Christmas with Ethan!


This was actually a McDonald's toy.
My mom turned some of my favorite ones into ornaments!


Every time I hang this ornament, I get a massive craving for chocolate
(and an overwhelming urge to bite into this chocolatey Santa!
)


Bob is a great golfer, so his parents made sure he had a golfing Santa!



Growing up, Bob loved magic tricks.
It looks like this Santa has a few tricks in his hat!



One year, a friend and I went around to several houses and sang Christmas Carols. I think we were about 10. We came to one house, and for some reason we got so tickled. We tried to sing Silent Night, but couldn't stop laughing!! I remember the mom and daughter staring at us, with a confused look on their face.
I ended up running off and leaving my friend to fend for herself!
I was humiliated!!!



I grew up playing basketball, so any basketball ornament I have (and I have several) is very special!

For some reason, this is my all-time favorite ornament. There's really nothing extra special about it. I guess this one just reminds me the most of my childhood..and I had a great one.
I believe it's from 1993.


Bob and I have many more ornaments. I wish I could show you all of them, but it probably wouldn't be as fun for you as it would be for me! haha.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



*~The Reason for the Season~*

"And this shall be a sign unto you;
Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
"
Luke 2:12


Our tree ~ 2009

I love how when Bob gets home, he's excited that the lights are on around the house. It's almost a childlike excitement. There's nothing like relaxing together after a long and hectic day, under the glow of a cozy Christmas home!

The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.
~Burton Hillis
~

Lord, we have so much to be thankful for!
Our home, our health, our family, our friends.
But most importantly, we have You:
Our Savior, Redeemer, the Greatest of Friends;
Our gracious, loving, merciful, all-powerful, risen Heavenly Father.
We praise You!!

4 comments:

  1. Kari, what a beautiful tree! I love Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post and ornaments.

    Love your tree! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. your house looks so beautiful all decorated!

    Guess what! We have the same navitivity scene! it took us 3 years to agree on one we both liked... ;)

    We always had the same scene at our house growing up - so i wanted to make sure that we would like on for years and years to come! Guess we have the same taste in navitity scenes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of your ornaments and loved reading about them.
    We've been buying each of our kids ornaments every year for many years. I think it's a very special tradition.
    Just tonight my daughter opened hers for this year. It says "Our New Home" and I put a picture of her and her husband standing outside of their new home as it was near completion.
    I know Christmas was extra special this year with little Ethan.
    Merry Christmas Kari!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...