Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Ethan's First Fourth!

I know this is a little late, but here's a look at what Ethan's first 4th of July was like!

Outside our front door...I just love the American flag!



We went to Bob's parents' home during the day of the 4th...


Grammy (my mom) and Nana (Bob's mom) with Ethan!

Some Patriotic decor...

The table is set and ready for food!

Bob's dad grilling hot dogs...yummy!
He usually smokes all kinds of meat for summer holidays, but he decided to switch it up a bit. Here's his Father's Day gift from us--it's hanging out on the deck with his grill and smoker.

...so true!!


Ethan hangin' out with Grammy


All tuckered out!

The ferns were still wet from the rain...the neighborhood parade had to be postponed until Sunday b/c of the weather.

Me and my love


An American classic!

Homemade ice cream was served for dessert..it was soo good!! (I'm not sure what my bob is doing in the background..haha)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that evening, we went to my sister's in-laws...

Aunt Kim with Ethan..his first fireworks show!




This picture makes me laugh! Aunt Kim trying to protect Ethan =)
Of course, the fireworks were loud so I decided to take Ethan in after he was able to see a few of them...

Here is Kim's nephew, Caleb.
He's such a cutie pie!

Daddy and Ethan playing inside


Me and my sweet boy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, we were able to go to the parade before we headed off to church.
It was so much fun!

















Ethan had an awesome first 4th of July!

I love America. I love celebrating our freedom!


“Almighty God, Who has given us this good land for our heritage; We humbly beseech Thee that we may always prove ourselves a people mindful of Thy favor and glad to do Thy will. Bless our land with honorable ministry, sound learning, and pure manners.”
– Thomas Jefferson


6 comments:

  1. wow! those are all incredible pictures! looks like you had such a great time with your family during the holiday. and ethan had a great first 4th celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post! Love all the pictures & commentary!

    Love,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pics Kari!!! I love the balloons around the table too! So patriotic!! Looks like Ethan did pretty good with the fireworks...we ended up skipping them cuz I wasnt sure, maybe we should have gone!!

    I have been meaning to ask you...did Ethan's tooth come through??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures. How neat that you had both of your families together for the 4th! And a parade? Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that your parents come with you to your in-laws... it make a great "unity" for ethan... I always try to get my dad to come with us... but you know him... matt and I call him "eyore"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ethan is such a doll!
    Looks like y'all ha a wonderful 4th.
    I LOVE homemade ice cream. We had it too. I hadn't had it in ages.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...