Friday, May 22, 2009

Fry-Daddy Frenzy



I pulled out the Fry-Daddy last night to try out an onion ring recipe...

I had leftover batter so I decided to try to make a funnel cake like I saw Robert Irvine do the other night on Dinner: Impossible...here's the results:







































Bob loved the onion rings! =)


I also made a dipping sauce like Outback's sauce for Bloomin' Onion...however, I didn't have any horseradish sauce so I used Thousand Island Dressing. Bob and I both really liked it!

Here is the link for the onion rings.
(If you look at the 1st review on the page by Christina B, it gives a no-mess way to make the rings)

Here's the recipe for the dipping sauce:
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 tablespoon ketchup
  • 2 tablespoons cream-style horseradish sauce
  • 1/3 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 pinch ground black pepper
  • 1/3 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, ketchup, horseradish, 1/3 teaspoon paprika, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon oregano, a dash ground black pepper and cayenne pepper; mix well. Keep sauce covered in refrigerator until needed.

I'll need to work on the whole funnel cake thing..haha..it wasn't quite sweet enough. The batter needed sugar in it too rather than just having some sprinkled on top.
I had fun experimenting, though!




















Happy Friday!


7 comments:

  1. yum!!!! those onion rings look fantastic. i have got to try those! i was actually craving them yesterday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your onion rings were delicious, thanks for letting me have a sample taste last night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! Those onion rings and sauce look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum. I just had onion rings and sauce at Friendly's tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look fantastic! It was great seeing you and I am so glad I found ya on the bloggity blogger!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...