Wednesday, February 24, 2010

One Year Ago Tomorrow...

I gave birth to our precious son, Ethan!

And one year ago today...Bob and I headed up to the hospital so I could be induced.
I was 5 days late, and oh so ready to have our baby!!

Here we are, right before we walked into the hospital.
I was sooooooo nervous!


Just waiting...
A horrid picture--but this is what I looked like, nonetheless.


Tomorrow morning at 9:14am, all the waiting (and excruciating pain) would be well worth it! We'd finally be holding our little baby boy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just some reminiscing...

It's amazing how the first few weeks, even months, of Ethan being home seemed to drag on, and on, and on.

It's crazy how sleepless nights can affect a person's life.

But now, all of a sudden, our little bundle of joy has grown into a little man! He's just shy of 26 lbs, and loves getting into anything and everything he can get his hands on.

I love how his whimpers and cries have been replaced with smiles, giggles, and "talking".
I love that we can interact with Ethan, teach him things, feel the pride when he learns something new.
I love walking into the nursery every morning, knowing I'm going to get a huge grin from our little sleepy head's face.

He's not perfect. He has his days of fits and tantrums. And this mommy gets frustrated.

But the joy I feel when I look at Ethan, when I pray for Ethan, when I see him figure something out for the first time, when I watch him sleeping peacefully...and when I look ahead and wonder what kind of a great man he's going to be....all that frustration slips away.

I'm trying to treasure every moment I have with him. Because as fast as this first year flew by, I'm afraid he'll be grown and out of the house before I know it.

Thank You, Jesus, for our treasure of a son. You've blessed us richly, and we look forward to many years of teaching him just how great You are.

5 comments:

  1. Sweet post, Kari! This year has been filled with joy for us. Ethan is the apple of my eye! Such a sweetie!

    Love,
    Carol (Nana)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Ethan and Congrats to you and Bob!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet. I love those same things about Ruthie getting older. However I still wish at times I could hold her nestled in a blanket in my arms. Its amazing how independent they become. You will find that out in the next year! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ETHIE-BOY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 1st Birthday to your sweet little boy.

    The time does fly!

    I can't believe my firstborn is going to be 10 years old this year!!!

    Treasure every moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVED this post!! Makes me cry actually!!!

    HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY ETHAN!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...