Sunday, December 18, 2011

He sees.

I've struggled with discouragement a lot this year.
Which is why I'm so thankful for the Word of God. Such comfort it brings on those days I feel worthless.

I'm also thankful for the many blogs on the internet written by godly women.

The other day, I read a lovely and reassuring post from A Wise Woman Builds Her Home. I read through misty eyes as I soaked up the encouragement that flowed from her words. Here's an excerpt that greatly resonated with me:

But God sees all. 
He sees every hot meal you make, then eat cold. He sees every tear you cry when you are exhausted. He sees every diaper you change and every slow reader you refuse to give up on. He sees you draw close to that unlovable child. He sees you go the extra mile in cleaning that bathroom as you do it as unto Him. He sees you share the gospel daily with your family by the choices you make, the lines in the sand you draw, the life you have chosen.
You are serving Him. 
And He will reward you. Maybe in this life, as your children may one day rise up and call you blessed. But certainly in the one to come. 

Here's the full article.

If you're struggling in the trenches of motherhood, let this article buoy your heart with hope. You are not alone. Mothers all across this world are struggling in one way or another. Remember that God sees. And He cares. And He's rooting you on.

Afterall, you're the one He handpicked to be "mommy" to your children.

Be encouraged. Take heart. Fight the good fight.

You're doing a great job.


"But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head."
Psalm 3:3


2 comments:

  1. June is so wonderfully encouraging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love this Kari!! Speaks right to me. Thank you for posting. And for the record, you are an AWESOME momma to your littles. <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...